Information for researchers and clinicians
The ZeBanC provides a central biobanking infrastructure for research both inside and outside the Charité — Universitätsmedizin Berlin, the largest European university hospital.
You are here:
Collection and request of biomaterials
Clinicians and researchers, who collect biomaterials and want to use the biobank as a core facility can contact the ZeBanC. In personal meetings, the feasibility and implementation of the project are discussed.
If there is an interest in biomaterials such as blood or tissue samples, the ZeBanC can be asked if these samples are available. Samples can be requested via the project request portal (PAP).
An ethics vote and a comprehensive data protection concept, as well as defined processes for passing on materials and data to third parties are the basis for the operation of the ZeBanC.
The focus is on safeguarding the patient's rights. A panel with representatives from different institutions decides on the transfer of samples and data for research projects. The claim of the ZeBanc is to deal with the entrusted samples and the associated processes to the highest possible satisfaction of the customers and in the best possible quality.
The ZeBanC pursues the following objectives:
- Prospective collection of biomaterials according to standardised process and workflows
- Merging of already existing internal Charité biobanking resources
- Development and maintenance of a data base with a connection to clinical data base systems
- Concentration and improvement of existing sample collections through central storage and common standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Developing a secure environment in the patient's interest concerning data security and ethical issues, which also helps to realize research projects and clinical trials
- Data protection and ethically secure environment of samples and data
- Supplying a central biobank infrastructure for future (joint) projects/trials
Another central point is the comprehensive and continious exchange of experience and information between all BMBF-sponsored biobanks, as well as the Technologie- und Methodenplattform für die vernetzte Forschung e.V. (TMF).